This recipe is based on the traditional method of making biscotti, which does not use any butter. This is dipping biscotti at its finest and it has a deliciously crispy texture that stands up to a cup of hot coffee, tea, or milk.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing basin, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and extracts until thoroughly combined. Blend flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate dish; gradually fold into the egg mixture. Add the nuts and stir well (mixture will be stiff).
2. Dough should be divided in half. Form each portion into a 9×2-inch rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet with lightly greased hands. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Cool completely in the pans on wire racks. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
4. Place the baked rectangles on a cutting board to cool. Cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices with a serrated knife.
5. Place cut side down on baking sheets.
6. Bake for 5-7 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
Recipe from tasteloveandnourish.com